Wednesday, September 9, 2009

HASSLE FREE LESS MESS SCENTED FIRE STARTERS www.mygc.com/scentsationalfragrance

Fall is here, I can feel it in the cool air. After what seemed like a forever ending week of working out kinks in my website I decided to spend tonight snuggled up on the couch watching my fire place with the first fire of the season. I love the fire place, now that I have one I don't think I could live with out one. I remember when I first moved here and fell in love with the comforting feel of a warm fire and a cozy couch. I didn't however enjoy the paper shredding and small branches needed to get the fire going. It seemed like it took to much time to get the fire going not to mention what seemed like a ton of ashes to shovel out the next day. That was when I decided to give the scented fire starters a try. I still laugh at myself when I look back at my first attempt at using them. I put the log on the iron base added a scented fire starter on top and lit the edge. Well it was cool to see the scented fire started burn around the edge and look like it was a wick from a candle and the little container it was in burned evenly down for 20 minutes or more. What didn't happen was my wood log getting lit. So by trial and error I learned to first put the scented fire starter under the iron base that held the log of wood. Then add the log. I then lit the fire starter and with in 20 minutes the log of wood was lit and a nice toasty fire was going. No kidding, no paper or twigs required. I was so excited to clean out the ashes the next day as there were so much less then when using paper and twigs. I absolutely love the scented fire starters, they burn for twenty minutes and start the log on fire and totally melt away. It saves so much time and energy by eliminating paper shredding and twig breaking and most importantly it eliminates so much ash for cleaning up. One of my favorite things other then easy clean up and less work is the fact that they are scented! Yup that's right, they are scented and it is so wonderful to hear people come to the door and say how wonderful the smell is as they are entering our walkway. I highly recommend these to any one who camps or has a fire place. They retail for $8.48 for a box of 12 pre selected assorted scents. Just another suggestion from http://www.mygc.com/scentsationalfragrance

No comments:

Post a Comment